Re: new win32 port of GTK http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dia_win32.htm

--- Hans Breuer <Hans Breuer org> wrote:
>>James Michael DuPont <mdupont777 yahoo com> writes:
>>>Hans told me to go to hell after i asked him for the sources for the
>>>dlls he is posting, according the GPL.
>>>Oh really ? Never noticed. Putting JMD on my personal trash list
>>>because of the signal-to-noise-ratio of his mails doesn't count,
>>>does it ?

good thing i kept a copy of that mail, in case you deleted it.

------------------
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 06:43:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Michael DuPont <mdupont777 yahoo com>
Subject: DIA Port of Win32
To: hans breuer org

Hans,

I know you are very busy person, and you have not had the time to
respond to my mails in the past.
I am getting very frustrated trying to put all the pieces togeather to
get the DIA compiled under win32.

Can you please make the complete sources with build scripts that you
used to make the following binaries available to me :

http://hans.breuer.org/dia/dia-bin-2002-06-01.zip
http://hans.breuer.org/dia/dia-extra-libs-2002-05-12.zip
http://hans.breuer.org/dia/gtk+-bin-2002-05-12.zip
http://hans.breuer.org/dia/iconv.zip
http://hans.breuer.org/dia/pydia-bin-2002-06-01.zip

I have spent much time trying to get all the source togeather to build
this. There are way too many broken links and problems with the
incompatible sources.

Under the GPL you have to make all the sources and non-standard libs
available. It is not enough to just say that we have to follow lots of
links to find all of this. There are so many packages and dependancies,
some of them are no longer there, some are out of date.

The GPL says that the source code is what is used to make and install
the package. If you needed to change sources to do this, and they are
not standard modules, then these need to be made available as well.

Can you please provide all the patched source packages that you needed
to compile the DIA for win32? I will help to make this easier to
compile if possible.

Schöne Grüsse,
Mike

=====