Re: new win32 port of GTK http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dia_win32.htm

James Michael DuPont <mdupont777 yahoo com> writes:

> Dear GTK developers
> I would like to introduce myself,
> my name is Mike DuPont, and I have been working on a new port of GTK to
> windows.

I'm not sure I quite understand.

There can be only a single port of GTK+ to Win32. Anything else
would be ridiculous. Crazy even. Only one set of code can be
included in the tree. There has to be a single place for people
to send patches. There can't be multiple sets of incompatible
GTK+ DLL's for Windows.

There, of course, can be multiple people building binaries of that
port, though there probably should be a single official set.

What, exactly, do you mean by "port"?

> The reason for this port is the mess with the dlls and the problems
> with recompiling the entire package. While this may not be that
> important to all of you, it is difficult to make broad changes to the
> framework with the current setup.

What sort of "broad changes to the framework" are you considering?

I'm am also concerned about the difficulty of compiling the Win32
port of GTK+ currently, but any fixes (and the biggest one is
simply documentation) absolutely need to be done in conjunction
with Tor.