Re: Some initial thoughts about 2.4
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Daniel Egger <degger fhm edu>
- Cc: Sander Vesik <sander_traveling yahoo co uk>, GTK Devel <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Some initial thoughts about 2.4
- Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:42:38 -0500 (EST)
Daniel Egger <degger fhm edu> writes:
> Am Mit, 2003-01-01 um 18.49 schrieb Sander Vesik:
> > I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this - while its true that
> > you want the reordering to be architecture speific to an extent
> > (so you take page size into account) I doubt that you'll find a
> > usefull reordering that took either the tlb size or associativity
> > into acocunt.
> Exactly that's my point. This optimisation would have to be per CPU and
> OS and not per architecture, which means that it cannot be done globally
> for any architecture people are not compiling Gtk+/Glib themselves for.
Note that my original mention of function-reordering was as something
that could be done on the OS/tools side to make GTK+ startup times
better, not something to do as a GTK+/GLib improvement.
] [Thread Prev