RE: Menu/toolbar choices
- From: Biswapesh Chattopadhyay <biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in>
- To: Murray Cumming Comneon com
- Cc: GTK Devel <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: RE: Menu/toolbar choices
- Date: 28 Feb 2003 18:52:45 +0530
> > 1. The API will change too much in the meantime to make this
> > possible. 2. Current implementation in libegg is too
> > sketchy/buggy/incomplete/etc.
> I don't think anyone will give you any API stability guarantees for libegg.
> People are not meant to use it. Is it really so urgent that you can't wait
> for GTK+ 2.4?
I don't need a *guarantee* as such - just a mumble that the API will not
be *totally* restructured will do ;-) We'll cut-n-paste the code and
make a local lib anyway.
Since GTK+2.4 is a year off, I consider that pretty long for FS projects
] [Thread Prev