Re: Odd behaviour when building on Win32 using MinGW

On 8/27/03 12:31, "Michael Torrie" <torriem chem byu edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 18:52, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> Michael Torrie writes:
>>> I've taken to using the development kit at
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-win
>>
>>> It integrates well with mingw.
>>
>> Umm, what's wrong with the stuff at www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html?
>> Is the gtk-win distribution so much easier to install than the
>> zipfiles I provide?

[...snip...]
> Anyway, I would like to request, or suggest that the gtk community
> standardize on one general-purpose runtime setup.  This is for the
> end-user, not the developers. I like how the gtk-runtime.exe installer
> package from gtk-win works.  It installs to a common place (well
> arbitrarily common).  Your dlls are currently hard for me to use because
> I can simply place them in system32 or system (and possibly face DLL
> hell) but then I was at a loss as to how to set up the /etc and /share
> stuff needed for themes and things until I saw how the gtk-win package
> installed it.

I would suggest providing NSIS (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/) installer
script with GTK+ source distribution. My project GtkGLExt provides
gtkglext.nsi.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gtkglext/gtkglext/gtkglext.ns
i.in?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

It updates pkg-config *.pc files automatically, and generates shell script
and .bat file to setup %PATH% and %PKG_CONFIG_PATH% (like Visual Studio's
vsvars32.bat).

What do you think of it?

Regards,
--Naofumi