Issues with ATK 1.2.4 mingw32 compiling -- no dlls produced

Originally this started out as a cross-compiling problem, but I found
that the problems I had before with ATK were actually configure issues
which I have resolved.  I can get ATK to build just fine on mingw32, in
a native environment or in a cross-compiling environment.

However it will not produce a dll, even under a native mingw32
environment.  So there is a bug somewhere in the configure and libtool
scripts.  Other packages such as gtk and glib produces DLLs just fine
from their build scripts.  I have tried to compare them, but I don't
know anything at all about the auto* and libtool build tools.  Anyway,
whoever's maintaining that package should perhaps make a note of this
problem.  In the meantime, I manually created the dll using gcc at the
commandline and all is well.  I think this issue is limited to the
mingw32 target, and the cross-compiling to another linux platform would
be no problem at all.  I would be happy to work on this if I only knew
where to look.

Michael

--
Michael Torrie <torriem chem byu edu>