Re: Scintilla GTK2 profiling results
- From: "Neil Hodgson" <nhodgson bigpond net au>
- To: "Owen Taylor" <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: <biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in>, "Scintilla Interest" <scintilla-interest lyra org>, "GTK Devel" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, "Naba Kumar" <kh_naba gmx net>
- Subject: Re: Scintilla GTK2 profiling results
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:56:02 +1000
[while (gdk_event_get_graphics_expose) gdk_event_free()]
> if you don't have either that or use gdk_window_scroll(), then scrolling
> the scintilla buffer when it is partially offscreen isn't going to
> work properly.
> I'm not sure that the loop will work properly with GTK+-2.0. Even
> if it does, gdk_window_scroll() will be much more efficient, since
> the loop is "wait until the server finishes scrolling", while
> gdk_window_scroll() plays some nice internal bookkeeping tricks.
IIRC there were some warning traces calling those on GTK+ 2, possibly
when the area was off-screen. I'll have a look at the implementation of
gdk_window_scroll() and see if the functionality can be copied into
> If you can move the scrollbar out of the main editor window, and
> use gdk_window_scroll() it will be definitely worth it.
Yes. I'll look into this after the current release is cut and will also
upgrade my system to a more modern GTK+/Pango then.
] [Thread Prev