Re: Say goodbye to core X fonts

 --- Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote: > On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:56:00AM
+1200, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> > 	Are you then effectively saying "although we said we were going to be
> > fully ABI compatible we're breaking it now" ?
> >
> > 	I'm not criticising, I'm honestly just curious as to whether or not
> > this breaks previous guarantees about ABI stability ...
>
> An interesting question.  We've begun discussion on what ABI and
> API stability means (releng/policy/abi-stability-changes.txt).  My
> best guess would be that the answer to your question depends on
> whether or not the pango backends are considered part of the public
> interface to pango.  If something choses to muck with an
> implementation detail they're on their own.

pango packends install the libraries in a non-private directory, distribute a
.pc file and the header (whish is also distributed) doesn't cointain any hints
about privacy / deprecation - the same applies to all backends. Going just by that,
its very unobvious how one would know to consider this a private API.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer