Re: Say goodbye to core X fonts

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:56:00AM +1200, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	Are you then effectively saying "although we said we were going to be
> fully ABI compatible we're breaking it now" ?
>
> 	I'm not criticising, I'm honestly just curious as to whether or not
> this breaks previous guarantees about ABI stability ...

An interesting question.  We've begun discussion on what ABI and
API stability means (releng/policy/abi-stability-changes.txt).  My
best guess would be that the answer to your question depends on
whether or not the pango backends are considered part of the public
interface to pango.  If something choses to muck with an
implementation detail they're on their own.