RE: [Usability]shouldn't action-area-border of GtkDialogs be 6 by default?

> From: Christian Neumair [mailto:chris gnome-de org]
> OK, I expressed it the wrong way:
> What came me in mind is forcing the GtkDialog's "action-area-border"
> style property to be 6 by default in libglade. If we want to be fully
> HIG compliant, we would have to change some more widget's style
> properties, though, as per bug #98779 (which you mentioned in one of
> your former mails).

Yes, there's more to HIG-compliance than dialog borders. Why is this an
objection to making Glade and libglade use HIG defaults?

> On your HIG_DEFAULT proposal: How would you like to implement it? You
> vaguely described in one of your mails that you want to add
> it to glade,
> as well as the xml format and libglade. What's your concrete idea?

In Glade, I'd like to just select HIG_DEFAULT for a dialog's border instead
of 6. Likewise the other widgets. That might, or might not, make sense.

If it works, then the .glade file could contain HIG_DEFAULT instead of 6.
libglade would then know that it meant 6 when it read the .glade file.

Glade would also know that HIG_DEFAULT meant 6 (or whatever is appropriate
for that property of that widget) and would draw it's preview appropriately.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com