RE: [Usability]shouldn't action-area-border of GtkDialogs be 6 by default?

Am Die, 2003-04-15 um 11.36 schrieb Murray Cumming Comneon com:
> > From: Cumming Murray (COMNEON Linz)
> > > Is it evil to force developers using (lib-)glade to follow the HIG?
> >
> > I am not saying that everyone needs to use libglade. I am
> > just saying that
> > Glade should probably use libglade as a dependency.
>
> I just reread your sentence, so I'll reply again:
>
> It will not be necessary to use libglade to be HIG-compliant. But if you are
> using libglade then it will be easier than it is now. The fact that it's
> easier with libglade won't stop anyone from doing it any other way.
OK, I expressed it the wrong way:
What came me in mind is forcing the GtkDialog's "action-area-border"
style property to be 6 by default in libglade. If we want to be fully
HIG compliant, we would have to change some more widget's style
properties, though, as per bug #98779 (which you mentioned in one of
your former mails).
On your HIG_DEFAULT proposal: How would you like to implement it? You
vaguely described in one of your mails that you want to add it to glade,
as well as the xml format and libglade. What's your concrete idea?

regs,
 Chris

--

»Man kann Moral und Ethik nicht mit Technologie regulieren«
  John "Maddog" Hall, Präsident von Linux International