Re: status icon API

Hey there,

> 	So I've spent some more time thinking about the API. Hopefully, the
> proposed API below is much closer to the mark than the last (lame) one.

One thing that the proposed API doesn't allow for is something that I've
added to Battfink - a battery notification icon thing.

	http://www.gnome.org/~gman/battfink-percentage.png
	http://www.gnome.org/~gman/battfink-time.png

which allows you to switch between displaying the time or percentage
through the menu of the icon.

I guess I'm willing to concede if we're working against some user
guidelines for how it should look and feel, but just wanted to make sure
that we know about all the various uses out there for such an API.

If it helps any, it certainly 'feels' right ;)

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)