Re: About dialog API

Hi,

about dialogs have tradionally been an area where application
developers try create something that is unique and fun to look at. Do
you really think that a toolkit should provide a standardized look and
feel for it? I think not. Of course you can argue that noone is forced
to use the API but I really think that GTK+ should focus on useful
stuff and should leave things such as About dialogs to the application
developers or to higher-level libraries. If the goal is to integrate
libgnomeui into GTK+, we should consider to split GTK+ into a basic
toolkit library and another one that provides composites widgets such
as the one you propose here.

Salut, Sven