Re: Independent image loaders in gdk-pixbuf

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 04:20, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> > > Perhaps it could find a home in librsvg ?
> >That seems like a logical place for it.
>
> Please send any patches of RSVG to me. I'd love for something like
this to
> get included. cinamod hotmail com or doml appligent com  You can also
> contact me for any WMF or EMF related issues.

I'll try to cook up a patch for librsvg once the external loader support
is in gtk. Since I don't know much about WMF and EMF, I'll gladly leave
those to you. You can contact me for any gdk-pixbuf loader related
issues...

> On a side note, is there any way to get the list of available importer
and
> export formats, via mime-type or extension or something? This would be
> really useful for a few things that we AbiWord developers want to do,
and a
> few planned extensions to librsvg's "test-rsvg" program, which I plan
on
> shipping separately. Ideally, I'd like to say something similar to
> "svg2raster --type=image/png file.svg"

Some listing interface might be a good idea. Don't know if mime-types
should come into this, but at least a way to obtain the names of the
supported modules for import/animation import/export would be nice.

I think we're also missing a way to obtain the name of the loader module
for the currently loading image.

Matthias