Re: GEP 6: Toolbar

Am Don, 2002-09-12 um 15.26 schrieb James Henstridge:

> Two methods of presenting the additional toolbar items include:
>
>     * The |BonoboUIToolbar| method, which pops up a panel containing the
>       extra toolbar items.
>     * The method used on Qt, Windows and Mac OS X, where a menu is
>       popped up that contains menu items representing the extra items.

Personally I'd like to see a third option:
* Wrap toolbars at the end of space and move remaining items into
  another row/column.

Especially with configurable toolbars this feature would be sort of
handy. And honestly I dislike the idea of information being hidden
because we run out of space. Especially hiding widgets by priority
could confuse users because suddenly items are lost when using a
different display, chaging resolution, font, etc.

"Hrm, I swear the button was there yesterday...."

--
Servus,
       Daniel