Re: 2.1.3 plans

"Matthias Clasen" <Matthias Clasen poet de> writes:

> Speaking about freezing...
>
> bug 65765 would also be nice to get in before the freeze, unless you don't
> count additional stock icons as API change.
> I can provide a patch, if you tell me
>
> a) whether you prefer the icon with or without the keyhole

Can't help you there. That is a decision for the artists
and usability folks.

> b) whether GTK_STOCK_AUTHENTICATION is good enough as name

The patch has GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_AUTHENTICATION... do we see
this dialog as being used only for dialogs?

I'm sure people will be tempted to use it for menu items,
buttons, etc. If we think that usage is inappropriate,
then the DIALOG name makes sense. If we think it is OK,
then dropping the DIALOG probably makes sense.

(Note that there is no way to create a GtkMessageDialog with a
particular icon currently ... so this wouldn't be that useful
if wanted it for alerts _about_ authentication; you can only
use it for hand-constructed dialogs, or hacked up message
dialogs.)