Re: [gtkmm] Re: Allowing GTK+ child widgets to prevent their own destruction

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 23:44, Murray Cumming wrote:

Well I didn't think you'd like it because it's a hack. But we don't seem
to have any alternative and it's not likely to be used by anything else
and doesn't affect anything but gtkmm. We're kind of screwed without it.

Luckily, it looks like I was wrong again. We think we fixed this without
changing GTK+ - by overriding the dispose vfunc.

Congratulations! I owe you much respect if you managed to fix the destroying while still referenced bug. Amazing (since in Berlin nobody of us thought this possible).

   Christof