Re: Rendering with xft and hinting
- From: Daniel Egger <degger fhm edu>
- To: Keith Packard <keithp keithp com>
- Cc: GTK developers mailinglist <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Rendering with xft and hinting
- Date: 17 Mar 2002 23:34:45 +0100
Am Son, 2002-03-17 um 20.22 schrieb Keith Packard:
> Note that turning on the LCD improvements makes both of these problems less
> severe -- taking advantage of the known geometry of the subpixels
> effectively doubles the available horizontal resolution.
I never managed to get subpixel AA running on my PowerBook. I tried to
follow some explainations on the web but couldn't spot any difference.
Also how do I figure out the layout of the subpixels? Googling didn't
help finding an answer; I wish this feature was better documented... :/
] [Thread Prev