Re: CVS branching

"Matthias Clasen" <Matthias Clasen poet de> writes:

> Owen,
>
> I don't know when you intend to branch,  but another thing that would be
> nice to have relatively soon would be to
> start a fresh ChangeLog and move the  current one to ChangeLog.pre-2-0,
> since merging the ChangeLog is really
> slowing down cvs update.

I've now moved the main GLib, and GTK+, and Pango ChangeLogs aside.
(Copied on the CVS server, new and old parts truncated appropriately.)
These were the biggest ones (GTK+ by far the biggest of the big.)

Other ChangeLogs:

 glib/gobject/ChangeLog
 glib/gmodule/ChangeLog
 glib/gthread/ChangeLog
 glib/docs/reference/ChangeLog
 glib/po/ChangeLog

 gtk+/docs/reference/ChangeLog
 gtk+/gdk-pixbuf/ChangeLog
 gtk+/contrib/gdk-gdk-pixbuf-xlib/ChangeLog

Do people have opinions what we should do with these?

 Leave untouched?

 Move aside in the same way as the main ChangeLogs?

 Move aside, 'cvs rm' the old ChangeLog. (That is, take this opportunity
 to get rid of excess ChangeLogs)

Thanks,