Re: GTK+-2.x planning

"Matthias Clasen" <Matthias Clasen poet de> writes:
> - cursors (add commonly-used ones missing from the std X cursor font), see
> also #69436

Still a good idea perhaps.

> - "what's this" - style online help. I guess this goes together with
> reworking tooltips.

Yep

> - widget as sensitivity/grab machine

May require ABI breakage

> - session management (is this really needed at the GTK level ? I think
> not)

I have mixed feelings.

> - supply horizontable/vertical wrapping boxes (is this what you mean with
> height-for-width
>   geometry management ?)

no height-for-width is to e.g. make label wrapping work correctly.
It's essentially adding a method to GtkWidget that asks the widget
what height it would be for a given width.

> - entry validation hooks (I've mentioned this already)

Still needed.

> - pseudo-MDI widget

Still needed.

> - stack widget

I'm not sure how this is different from a tabless borderless notebook.

> - cleaned up notebook widget

Was somewhat done for 2.0, probably can't be finished until 3.0.

> - dock widget

Yep.

The dock widget, MDI widget, and possibly "main application window"
widget all sort of go together, in that they have to form a coherent
overall API. They are entangled in the menu/toolbar stuff as well.

Havoc