Re: broken accelerator changes

On 2 Mar 2002, Daniel Egger wrote:

> Am Sam, 2002-03-02 um 15.20 schrieb Havoc Pennington:
>
> > Do any GIMP users actually find this feature on their own? I doubt
> > it. I bet 95% of the time someone has to tell them about the feature
> > before they use it. So now when someone tells them about it, they also
> > have to tell them how to turn it on.
>
> It's a very handy feature. While I would appreciate having a more
> clever default configuration it's quite a handy way to assign a
> shortcut to a function you'll use frequently in the next few moments.
>
> I'm currently thinking of a reset-to-default button which would make
> sense without having to poke around in the filesystem.

jup, an accel changing dialog should probably have something like:

 | single-selection list of accel entry to change |

 Current Key:  | xxxxx |  Default Key: | xxxxx |

 +---------------------+ +------------------+
 | Change Key (Button) | | Reset to default |
 +---------------------+ +------------------+

 +-+
 | |  Allow Accel changes on menu items (check button)
 +-+

and maybe even have a button to reload/revert the complete
accel map.

this requires additions to GtkAccelMap however:

* generic changed notification
* exposition of the default binding (it's already stored internally)
* Revert/Reload All will also need to be a special function as this
  has to bypass conflict resolution to some extend.

> --
> Servus,
>        Daniel

---