Re: how to build gtk+ docs?

> James Henstridge wrote:
>
> > Vitaly Tishkov wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I can't build gtk+ docs since the end of May. The log is below.
> > >Why is it necessary to connect to www.oasis-open.org?
> > >

> > Are you using the the head branch of gtk?  If so, it is probably because
> > you don't have the correct entries in your catalog.  Mathias did a lot
> > of work updating things so we can move gtk-doc to use the DocBook/XML
> > DTDs (which is important as the DocBook guys say that the SGML DTD may
> > stop getting updated in the future).
> >
> > James.
>
> James,
>
> Thanks for help. Probably it's a stupid question (I'm not a gtk+ developer
> though, I'm a tester), but what is head branch of gtk+? I use the one
> located at
> cvs.gnome.org (export
> CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome',
> etc...) Is that correct branch?

In order to use a branch you have to use

cvs checkout -r BRANCHNAME MODULENAME
or
cvs update -r BRANCHNAME

If you have never used this, you're still on the HEAD branch. In order to
switch
to the 2.0 branch, you need

cvs update -r gtk-2-0

The tag is sticky, so one you've switched to the 2.0 branch, you can just
use

cvs update

to update to the latest state of the branch. In order to switch back to
HEAD,
use

cvs update -A

Regarding you gtk-doc problem: You need the docbook xml dtd.

Matthias

http://www.gmx.net