Re: Heads up on Pango HEAD

Keith Packard wrote:

Around 15 o'clock on Jun 6, HideToshi Tajima wrote:

I found this is due to ld's option. For Solaris native compiler and linker, libfontconfig.so should be built with '-z text' option and not with '-shared -h libfontconfig.so.1.0', so
it's fontconfig configure issue. (Just FYI here.)

I've got a patch submitted that uses the -G flag on solaris; which is
preferred?

We usually do '-G -z defs -z text' when building a shared library on Solaris to assure
that the object is self-contained.

Can we get a new fcpackage tarball with the fix - soon :-)?

Regards,
Toshi

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab