Re: Heads up on Pango HEAD

Hi Owen,

Just to be sure I'm understanding of the implications are correct :

- pango has now a full dependency on fontconfig.
  (As a side question why is fontconfig using expat instead of libxml)
- pango has now a full dependency on xft.
  (which in turn as a dependency the XRender extension)

(by full dependency I mean configure stop if fontconfig.pc and xft.pc
are not present on the system).

So this mean effectively mean that pango will only work on XFree, right ?

If so is there a way/plan to make these dependencies conditional to make
pango and therefore all GNOME 2.0 applications work on other X servers ?
(Yes, you are right, I'm thinking about Sun's X Server).

	Regards,
		Erwann