[Fwd: ORBit2 cross compiling.] - glib cross compiling
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Gtk Hackers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: [Fwd: ORBit2 cross compiling.] - glib cross compiling
- Date: 31 Jul 2002 09:00:46 +0100
It turns out that some non-cross-compiling friendliness in glib, is
costing our developers pain and anguish, and having to use an old,
What can I do, if anything, to help get #77565 folded in ?
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
--- Begin Message ---
- From: <dahaverk rockwellcollins com>
- To: dank kegel com
- Cc: michael ximian com, dahaverk rockwellcollins com, alex anvil co uk, orbit-list gnome org
- Subject: ORBit2 cross compiling.
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:48:30 -0500
I thought this info would help.... But so far I haven't gotten past the
"iconv()" check in the glib2.0.4 configuration script.
It refuses to do the "--without-libiconv" and configure for me. I've
tried putting some stuff into the environment to turn it off. Haven't hit
on the right combination. Unless there is a way to have ORBit2 configure
against an older version of glib. I may have hit the brick wall on
building ORBit2 for my target embedded system.
Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 08:28, dahaverk rockwellcollins com wrote:
> > I'd switch to ORBit2, but it has been in changing.... and I don't have
> > weeks of time right now to devote to porting it to my embedded target.
> > Cross compiling is such a pain with ORBit2....
> How can we make cross compiling easier for you ? and how does it
> in ORBit2 from ORBit1 ?
In case this is helpful:
See http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=77565 for
how to cross-compile glib2, if you haven't seen it already.
And my recent post http://www.kegel.com/xgcc3/orbit.html
for cross-compiling glib1.
--- End Message ---
] [Thread Prev