Re: new docs format

Vitaly Tishkov wrote:

Owen Taylor wrote:

Vitaly Tishkov <tvv sparc spb su> writes:

Hi,

As far as I know GTK+ docs are built now with Docbook XML.
I've noticed that the built documentation has different format from the one
before when docs were built from sgmls. I've attached index.html and
gtk-Feature-Test-Macros.html (chapter "Version Information") to this message.
Could anyone please take a look at these files and compare to the ones you
built?
Maybe you can be a little more specific about what you see as
different? It is expected that there will be some differences
with the change.

Sorry for the confusion.
I mean that the color scheme is a bit changed (e.g. in 'Details' part all the
function prototypes were placed on blue background and params descriptions were
placed on red background before + that blue/red background got all the string
space, not only text - see 'Version Info' docs from RedCarpet channel).

I just want to know if I build the documentation correctly.
I wrote the XSLT customisation layer that is used for generating HTML from the DocBook/XML documentation. I tried to make the general look similar to the DSSSL customisation layer, but it wasn't possible to get things looking exactly the same (the DSSSL scripts override some functions to set the background based on the role attribute, while the XSLT stylesheets only allow setting a constant).

I am sure it would be possible to implement all this if someone wanted to; I just didn't get round to reading up enough of the XSL stylesheets to do this. I also thought it might be worth looking at changing the appearance of the gtk-doc HTML output :)

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au 2003 Call for Papers out
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ |   http://conf.linux.org.au/cfp.html