Re: enhancement to GtkList

Thanks for the contribtion; Unfortunately, GtkList is (for all
practical purposes) a deprecated widget in GTK+-2.0, and will
definitelyl be deprecated after 2.2. (It's still used by GtkCombo,
so we can't entirely deprecate it it until we replace GtkCombo.)

We have a new tree/list widget for GTK+-2.0 that is much more
powerful (and correspondingly complex.) It should be possible
to reuse much of the infrastructure of the new widget
(GtkTreeModel, GtkCellRenderer) in a horizontally scrolling
widget; the part you would be replacing (GtkTreeView
and GtkTreeViewColumn) is a _lot_ of code, but probably 75%
of that code is code for features that aren't necessarily
relevant (column headers, resizing, reordering columns, etc.)