enhancement to GtkList

Hi all,

I've been working on a patch to GtkList to allow the ListItems to be
layed out in columns.  The items are drawn top to bottom until the end of
the viewable area is reached and then begin again in the next column to
the right.  This behaviour is controlled with a new function
gtk_list_set_horizontal_mode() and is a fairly small (under 100 lines)
patch.

This is similar to win32 file dialog box behaviour or for my purposes like
MS Access's list windows in the notebook tabs.

So, my question is.  Is this something that would be of interest generally
for GTK or should I be packaging this separately with my application?

Cheers,

Brian