Re: HighContrastLargeprint.gtkrc

iain wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 14:40, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Attached is a gtkrc file that provides a nascent high-contrast,
> > large-print "RC" theme for use with the default GTK+ theme.
>
> When the hightlight is on a widget, it's icon can't be seen if the icon
> is black, as in the case of gnome-cd.
> http://primates.ximian.com/~iain/bad-icon.png

Right, this is an issue.

One solution some have used is to make sure monochrome-like icons have
contrasting lines, i.e. thin white line around black icons.  But thin
white
lines are not so great for somebody who needs the big print theme :-P

Possible solutions include providing state-sensitive icons, or creating
an engine
that did some kind of reverse video for high-contrast users.  Not sure
the first
solution is do-able with current API... and the reverse video requires
high contrast
icons (so they look OK-ish in reverse video).

but if it's possible to add this capability I would be willing to write
the code.
Someone else should draw the icons however :-)

-Bill