Re: Report generator

Jano Crema wrote:

I made a program with GTK/Mysql, so I want to create some reports.
Somebody have something?

There is a 'gnome-print' library, but from what I've seen it is not
supported, and is completely undocumented except for a simple
example program (containing no comments).  I'm guessing from
the complete lack of interest in documenting any part of it that it is
going away.

Apparently, if you want to use it, you will have to work out from
the source code (uncommented) what each function is supposed
to do, figure out which ones are part of the user interface and which
are supposed to be internal functions, guess what each parameter
means for each function, and then try to figure out how to use them.

To begin to understand the code, you will need a fairly complete
understanding of the internals of PostScript, X11, glib, gtk,
gnome, etc. before you start.

Don't bother asking on any of the gnome/gtk groups how to use
gnome-print.  They will just point you at Abiword and tell you
to figure out how it works from that (been there, done that, have
the t-shirt).

If you need documented routines for printing, you will probably
need to look to other libraries, like KDE, which seems to have a
reasonably well documented set of routines.