Re: gtk+ on linux/ia64

Thank you for all the input.

> > > 64 bit issues are really common when using varargs functions like
> > > g_signal_new(). Look at the call and see if you are getting a
> > > different number of bits going in than coming out.
Mostly, you will get a SIGILL if you take out more than you put in,
because the return adress on the stack will no longer be ok.
I don't really like va_args ..

> so chances are that changing gtype.h:
>
> -#define G_TYPE_FLAG_RESERVED_ID_BIT     (1 << 0)
> +#define G_TYPE_FLAG_RESERVED_ID_BIT     ((GType) (1 << 0))
I made the change and recompiled everything. The new crash looks like this:

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
g_type_check_is_value_type (type=2305843009213693976) at gtype.c:2731
2731    {
(gdb) where
#0  g_type_check_is_value_type (type=2305843009213693976) at gtype.c:2731
#1  0x20000000009b2ac0 in g_type_check_is_value_type (type=0) at gtype.c:2731

I think I'll have to dig deeper into this, because the fix does not
seem to be absolute. Ah well, ...

> I have 64 bit hardware so I can help out with these issues.  While it
> is not ia64 (alphas are cooler:), issues should be similar.
I don't access to an alpha,  :( and I'd like my program to run on this
Itanium here :| .

	Karl