Re: gtk+ keynav screwed (at least on win32)

Tor Lillqvist writes:
 > *But* I have to use Alt-Shift-F to get the File menu open,
 > for instance. The same goes for the shortcuts (or are they called
 > accelerators?) to the Cancel and OK buttons on the various dialogs, I
 > have to use Alt-Shift-letter.

Umm, I think I know what my problem is now. I generate wrong
hardware_keycodes in gdkevents-win32.c for those keys where I wait for
the WM_CHAR message and don't generate the GDK event already from the
WM_KEYDOWN message. (Basically, those keys that correspond to "real"
chars in the codepage). I simply use the char as such, but should use
the virtual keycode that was in the WM_KEYDOWN message. Have to hack
around this... Maybe I should try to get rid of the confusing mess
with the ignore_wm_char flag, and always use the WM_KEYDOWN and
WM_KEYUP messages, never the WM_CHAR ones.

(Using the shift key in the way I described happens to help because
then the char is the same as the corresponding virtual keycode.)

--tml