Re: building the new tutorial

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:

> On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 19:25, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > > specifically 'make pdf' in gtk+/docs/tutorial fails:
> > >

> > Maybe your db2pdf/db2html default to -S, or you have some SGML/Jade
> > envvars set to that effect ? I have tried db2pdf -S gtk-tut.sgml now,
> > which reproduced the error and allowed me to catch the missing </para>.
> >
> > Fix will go be committed in a minute.
>
> now i get:
>
>     Working on: /home/jacob/gnomecvs/gtk+/docs/tutorial/gtk-tut.sgml
>     This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14h-released-20010417 (Web2C
>     7.3.3.1)
>     (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
>     make: *** [pdf] Error 9
>
> any ideas?

Does the same for me. Most likely, db2pdf simply doesn't work in Red
Hat 7.2. (db2ps works a little better, but still gives me partially
invalid output...  possibly from the PNG images.)

Probably we'll just have to distribute HTML and not other formats ...
since that's all we provide for the reference manual, its sort of
natural to do that. (And we can do without another 500k increase of
the GTK+ tarball... that's how big the ps version of the tutorial
is compressed.)