From: harinath bose cs umn edu [mailto:harinath bose cs umn edu]On
Behalf Of Raja R Harinath
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 11:16 PM
To: David L. Cooper II
Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Pango installation failure

Hi,

"David L. Cooper II" <cooperdl worldnet att net> writes:

> I get the following error after compiling Pango 0.26 and performing a
"make
> install":
> -- Installing ./html/layout.gif
> -- Installing ./html/index.sgml
> install:  ./html/index.sgml does not exist
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error:
> etc.
> etc.
>
> I suspect this may be why the pango*.pc files are not getting installed to
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
>
> What am I doing wrong? Is there some other missing dependency?

Nothing wrong per se.  You don't have gtk-doc installed.  The part
that handles the absense of gtk-doc isn't complete.  I think
index.sgml should be checked into CVS.

> I'm compiling on Solaris 8, using the sun compiler.

Isn't relevent, except that it is likely that gtk-doc and/or nsgmls
are missing.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ harinath cs umn edu