Re: centering child dialogs on parent windows in gtk+ 2.0

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 09:52:00PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Havoc,
>
> On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 15:37, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > What is it if it isn't a dialog? (Just curious, but also want to be
> > sure the WM spec covers this case.)
>
> 	I think it's used for the 'copying in progress' type thing, that is not
> transient with the window it's in front of, nor is it modal.

If that's not transient then nothing is. If you want this particular
transient to be raised above all other windows then set the urgency hint
on the window and the window manager should comply.

If it's not worthy of the urgency hint, then it's not worthy of being
raised above everything else.

ICCCM-ly yours,
Greg Merchan