Re: 1.3.15 reminder / must-fix bugs

Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk> writes:

> Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
>
> > I suspect this is about as much as I can get done this week. If you
> > think there are important major items not here please follow up and we
> > can discuss how to get them fixed. If you send attach patches to other
> > bugs, please put them on the 1.3.15 milestone so I'll remember to look
>
> I think 69513 (drawing of inconsistent check/radio buttons) is
> something that should be in 1.3.15 as well. The bug has a patch
> attached to it, and I just set its milestone to 1.3.15.
>
> If you don't like the way I draw radiobuttons, I can change the patch
> to just add a horisontal bar to the current radiobuttons.

I'm of mixed feelings about your radiobuttons - they are definitely
rounder looking, but the

 XX

of black in the upper left makes them look lumpy to me. Also, if
we make the change to draw the radio buttons with a dark line on
the lower right, we need to do the same for checkbuttons.

Anyways, my idea was that with the tools I added to gtk/theme-bits
we could make your changes and then tweak further if someone had
better ideas without having to do mental bitshifts.

Can you redo your patch to include PNG files for theme-bits? For
the inconsitant bitmaps, I think the best thing to do would be to
repeat the whole image as for the active bitmaps, then just cut
the text/aa pixmaps out of the result.

It's also a little odd to me that the check button inconsistent indicator
is two black lines while the radio button is gray/black/gray, though
I understand why you did it that way.

(I definitely think that the check button indicator shouldn't touch
the right edge.... there should be a 1 pixelgap)