Re: GTK+-2.0.0 release schedule
- From: Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann <mne mosaic-ag com>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: Joel Becker <jlbec evilplan org>, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Subject: Re: GTK+-2.0.0 release schedule
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:40:44 +0100
On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 06:35:33PM +0000, Joel Becker wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:04:51PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > - Collect information about what platforms GTK+-2.0.0 will be expected
> > to compile and work on.
> Ok, this is going to illustrate my strange biases, but if anyone
> has an AIX box with xlc on it, I'll do any work required to verify/fix
> the 2.0 build on AIX. I'll even build AIX packages of the binaries like
> I used to back in the day.
One word about runtime loading and libtool on AIX.
Starting from AIX 4.x there is an dlopen()/.. interface. It works fine. But for
some obscure reasons runtime loading is only partially supported when not
using the -brtl link option wich is available first on AIX 4.3 (-brtl does not
work with DCE); libtool does not use the -brtl option for linking. The
partially support especially means that dlsym() for a symbol located in main
module (executable) will not work.
So the gmodule test fails because it try to lookup a symbol in executable.
* If any component stick to g_module_open(NULL, ...) it will not work on AIX.
h = g_module_open(NULL, ...);
sym = g_module_symbol(h, "anything", ...);
sym is always NULL
* Could module-test.c be rewritten not to use own symbols?
MOSAIC SOFTWARE AG
Base Development and Research
E-mail: mne mosaic-ag com
] [Thread Prev