Re: small patch for g_dir_open()

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> Please don't add the __EMX__ stuff. I've never been happy with the way
> OS/2 compatibilty stuff was added into GLib/GTK+ before:
>
>  - Our standard define would be something like #ifdef G_OS_OS2
>  - In many cases, it should be integrated with the Win32 dirname handling
>
> If someone cares about OS/2, and has a machine to test it on, we can
> look at adding OS/2 handling to GLib as a whole.

I agree. It's pointless to add stuff like that in one place only...
If at all, it needs to be done for whole GLib. Guess I'll remove the
__EMX__ stuff from GIMP because it's definitely neither working
correctly nor our job :)

If anyone is interested, I can provide a list of __EMX__ hacks GIMP
does, which may give a starting point for hacking the resp. GLib
functions.

> The g_return_if_fail() is fine.

Done.

ciao,