Re: GTK+-2.1.4 release [unstable]

"Nils O." Selåsdal <noselasd frisurf no> writes:

> So if problems arise here:
> >  * Installing this version will overwrite your existing
> >    copy of GTK+-2.0. If you have problems, you'll need
> >    to reinstall GTK+-2.0.9.
> It should be a pretty good indication that this:
> >  * GTK+-2.2 will be source and binary compatible with
> >    the GTK+-2.0.x series.
> is broken ?
>
> I'm just abit concerned here, since I already have enough
> library he** with our customers ;-)

I don't understand the question:

 - GTK+-2.1.4 (an unstable release) should not go to your
   customers. That's why the release announcement says
   "This release should not be used in production."

 - When GTK+-2.2.0 is released (any minute now...) it won't
   be unstable any more.

 - As the 2.1.4 release says "GTK+-2.2 will be source
   and binary compatibility with the GTK+-2.0.x series"

The reason we make releases like 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 is so that
people like you can test and make sure there aren't any problems
before the code goes to people like your customers.