Re: Improving cross compilation
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Michael Taht <mtaht mvista com>
- Cc: gtk-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Improving cross compilation
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:45:33 -0500 (EST)
Michael Taht <mtaht mvista com> writes:
> Is there room on the schedule for the next release to improve cross
> compilation for all the gtk related libraries, notably pkg-config?
If you mean, by next release, the GTK+-2.4 release, sure, if
someone wants to do the work and submits patches.
I think for pkg-config, the main thing would simply be figuring
out how it should work. A fairly obvious possibility would
A) make pkg-config support --target in it's configure to
install prefixed by $(host_alias)
B) Make PKG_CHECK_MODULES look for the $(host_alias) prefixed
That seems sufficient to me ... it requires multiple installations
of pkg-config, but you have to install multiple copies of
everything else anyways.
] [Thread Prev