Update on GTK+-2.2.0 Final plans

General Notes
=============

In general, we seem to be in good shape; the highest risk
outstanding change was the GLib configure changes that I
committed today.

Summaries of outstanding bugs can be found at:

Glib:
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-December/msg00049.html
 http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2B712DB2 [bugzilla query]

Pango:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-December/msg00050.html
  http://makeashorterlink.com/?S29732DB2 [bugzilla query]

GTK+ Core:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-December/msg00051.html
  http://makeashorterlink.com/?J27712DB2 [bugzilla query]

I'd class most of these bugs as minor "this is easy to fix, we
might as well fix it stuff". There are only one or two minor
regressions on these bug lists.

Schedule Update
===============

Given the schedule I posted last week:

 Tue December  3

  - Glib-2.1.3, GTK+-2.1.3, Pango-1.1.4
  - Hard API freeze; no further API changes

 Fri December  6

  - Hard feature freeze, bug fixes only after this point
  - Identify critical bugs; punt low priority bugs to 2.2.1

 Mon December  9

  - Glib-2.1.4, GTK+-2.1.4, Pango-1.1.5

We are here

 Fri December 13

  - Code freeze, after this point, only changes are:

    - Bug fixes for regressions from 2.2
    - Fixes for crashes and other major misbehavior

 Mon December 16

   - Glib-2.1.5, GTK+-2.1.4, Pango-1.1.6; release candidates

 Fri December 20 - Final 2.2.0 release

GTK+-2.1.4 is distchecking as I write this so, we are approximately
two days behind schedule. I don't anticipate slipping the
final schedule any, though the code freeze may slip into the
weekend a bit.

What I could use help with

 - A bug summary in the above style for GtkTextView would be
   useful; also, it's probably time to actually punt low priority
   GtkTextView bugs to 2.2.1 and 2.4.0.

 - There are quite a few bugs identified as easy-to-fix or
   pretty-easy-to-fix on the GTK+ bug summary; patches for these
   could be useful.

 - Debugging GNOME-2.1 bugs that might be GTK+ bugs

 - Testing GLib compilation on a range of platforms

 - Testing apps with GTK+-2.1.