Remaining 2.2.0 bugs for "Core GTK+"

This bug lists the remaining issues 2.2.0 for GTK+ excluding:

 - GtkTreeView
 - GtkTextView
 - linux-fb
 - win32

If people want to make up similar summaries for those components
that would be useful.

I've tried to get a firm implementation direction on all these
bugs; the main exceptions here for bugs not marked as punt
candidates is 98336; still need to figure out the exact
usability/accessibility needs for that.

I'd appreciate help with almost any of the bugs below; a lot
of these should be quite straightforward. (If you are working
on a bug, please mark that in bugzilla to avoid duplication
of work.)

Key:

*: change ready to commit
+: bug I think should be fixed for 2.2.0
?: maybe fix, maybe punt
-: good punt candidate

gdk-pixbuf
==========
? 55502 Improper rendering
  Problem with some GIFs. Might be nice to fix this one for 2.2.0

GDK
===
+ 66754 setting state hints on second map
  Couple line easy fix.

Easy fix GTK+ bugs
==================
+ 80764 there may be a bug in rendering of context menus and their a
+ 84061 Gtk allows dropping of text onto insensitive text entries
+ 85711 menu position funcs and Xinerama
  Should be pretty mechanical. Just need to go through the
  7 or so menu position functions in GTK+ and check that
  they don't do anything more interesting with the screen size
  then clamp the menu onto the screen at the end.
+ 97451 Crashes when changing Gnome2 development application font pr
+ 100416 gtk_dialog_run does not update the NET_WM_STATE to NET_WM_ST

GtkFileSel things
=================
- 78758 multibyte name of folder make GtkFileSel funny.
  Would be nice to fix, but is definitely not easy.
? 89972 typing ..<TAB> on file dialog doesn't go one level up (to pa
  Not sure how hard this is to fix correctly
+ 94473 Use strcoll() instead of strcmp() for POSIX systems.
  Should be pretty easy (interacts with 78758, but if we
  punt 78758 we can fix this without dealing with 78758)

Misc stuff
==========
? 94812 deleting a gtkclist row in extended mode and using shift-up
  Probably should look at this one, though people really want
  this in 1.2.x not HEAD...
+ 100598 Fix libdir directory part not to use 2.0.10x before 2.2.0.

Input method bugs
=================
+ 84849 replace incorrect im-hangul
  Been waiting for a long time, so I'd like to try to get
  this in, though it's going to take quite a bit of work
  to coordinate.
+ 97377 Segmentation fault running gtk-demo in Japanese Linux
  Definitely would be good to fix this one, but I don't
  have much of an idea what is going on, and didn't have
  luck reproducing it earlier.

UI decisions
============
- 53544 KEYNAV: GtkMenu, GtkMenuItem, GtkCheckBoxMenuItem, GtkRadioB
  Remaining issue here how much Escape unposts. Definitely not
  for 2.2, but we need to decide whether to WONTFIX or plan
  on the change definitely for a future milestone.
+ 72245 Ctrl-U not bound in entry widgets
  I'm going to go ahead and make the changes, becuase I
  don't care and other people do. I don't have a good alternate
  name to Emacs, so it's going to stay "Emacs". People who
  use C-w will have to live with the fact that it will sometimes
  delete the word and sometimes close the window.
+ 80484 GtkOptionMenu keynav issues
  Want to add PageUp/PageDown here; will require a bit of
  reworking of the patch, but probably still about half
  an hour of work.
? 89336 Keynav issue in menubar
  Some question of exactly what the must-be-fixed-for-2.2 issues
  are here. Hopefully will get more direction from Calum on
  this issue.

Multihead stuff
===============
+ 79991 Handle holes in virtual screen configuration
  Moderately easy fix
- 80388 Thoughts on multihead and gtk-demo
  Enhancement, puntable.
- 85678 GtkGamma and multihead
  Quite puntable, who uses GtkGamma anyways?
+ 85699 tearoff menus and multihead
  Should be an easy fix
- 85715 Closing displays
  This is an important one but is a lot of work; basically
  just finding every single place in GTK+ and GDK where
  per-screen information is cached and make sure it goes
  away when the screen is closed. Probably we'll just
  have admit closing screens will not wor very well until
  2.4.0-ish.
+ 94562 Handle screen changes for handlebox drags
  Easy fix.
+ 94563 gtk_menu_position() when pointer isn't on the menu's screen
  Easy fix.

Ready to commit
* 380691 Tune default colors
* 99327  Use g_printf instead of system printf
  Not quite ready, but basically just a question of taking the
  patch, deleting certain portions identified inthe comments
  and committing.