GtkListStore memory leak?

Hi,

I know this is more of a gtk-app question, but if anyone knows the answer there, they're not responding. I'm working with a rather large GtkListStore, and finding that calls to gtk_list_store_clear do not free any memory. At first I thought this was because of caching issues, and that the memory would be used when i added more items to the list. However, my memory consumption only increases. My program now uses 176 megs of ram while running, but the data itself fits in a 300k xml file. Is this the intended way for a list to work? Is there something I have to do to free the memory manually? I've looked at the source to GTK+ and found no calls inside gtk_list_store_remove_silently that seem to actually free the column data from each row, and I can't figure out how to use the row-deleted signal to free it, either. Thanks,

Todd