Re: Running gtk_main in a thread

Didier Pralon writes:
 > I am using gtk+-2.0.2 under cygwin and i would like to run the
 > gtk_main loop in a thread.

Hmm, there are two problems here:

1) If you are using the prebuilt GLib and GTK+ DLLs for Win32 provided
by me, these should not be used by Cygwin-using programs. Different C
runtime. Some things might work, but no guarantees. Or do you use a
GLib and GTK+ specially built for Cygwin? Perhaps even with a X11 GDK
backend?

2) Multi-threaded use of the Win32 GDK backend is known not to work
properly. Again, some simple special cases might work, but in general
it won't.

--tml