Re: suggestion for distribution: mega archive

> Hmm. I suspect that most of those scripts just grab "cvs-latest", or
> equivalent. But I'm interested in something a little more stable.
>
> Is there some unified way of getting the latest stable stuff with one
> of those methods?
> Or do I have to track down by hand the latest stable tags for things, and
> enter each on the command line?

there is a simple way:

1) grab cvsgnome from http://www.fh-wilhelmshaven.de/~akcaagaa/
2) change PREFIXDIR="" inside the script to point to the location you
   want to have gnome 2 installed.
3) run the script and in the menu enter:

   'world' which grabs all cvs modules/build and installs them or
   'world stable' which grabs released stable tarballs build and
                  installs them

yes cvsgnome an easy onefiled bash script does CVS or stable TARBALLS
and comes with a big instruction and faqsection (embedded in this
onefiler) for help you can also consult irc.gimp.org #cvsgnome

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de