Re: Upcoming GtkTypeFundemental change
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Daniel Egger <degger fhm edu>
- Cc: GTK developers mailinglist <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Upcoming GtkTypeFundemental change
- Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 14:35:45 -0400 (EDT)
Daniel Egger <degger fhm edu> writes:
> Am Sam, 2002-08-10 um 19.06 schrieb Owen Taylor:
> > That was suggested in the bugzilla mail; G_MAXLONG would be
> > an appropriate, non-fancy define. But it strikes me as
> > overengineering, and has some risk of revealing compiler oddities.
> Hm, ok.
> > I'm not worried about the ugliness ... it's only deprecated compat
> > stuff, and the non-deprecated stuff in GLib is even uglier
> > (by necessity.)
> Why not simply let it remain broken?
Because (see the bugzilla entry) the way it is currently just doesn't
work at all on some platforms.
] [Thread Prev