[Narayana Pattipati <narayana pattipati wipro com>] Clarification needed on gsearchtool.
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: usability gnome org
- Subject: [Narayana Pattipati <narayana pattipati wipro com>] Clarification needed on gsearchtool.
- Date: 09 Apr 2002 08:58:25 -0400
Should GtkDialog hook Escape to stop buttons in addition to cancel?
--- Begin Message ---
- From: Narayana Pattipati <narayana pattipati wipro com>
- To: Desktop-Devel-List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Cc: "gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org" <gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org>, jirka 5z com, Kevin Vandersloot <kfv101 psu edu>
- Subject: Clarification needed on gsearchtool.
- Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:03:59 +0530
I am trying to make gsearchtool accessible. I have few suggestions on
functionality. Please comment on the same.
a) In MS Windows file search, when the search is underway, pressing Esc
search. I feel this is a very good feature. In gsearchtool, when the
underway, only way to stop the search is to click the stop button.
Can we follow
MS Windows and have 'Esc' to stop the search.??
b) On the advanced search page, when the user types-in something to
only way to start the search is to click on the 'Find' button. I feel
it is easier for the user to press Enter/Return to start the search,
he/she finishes typing-in the values. Can we provide this.??
This feature has already been provided on the simple search page.
I have implemented these two features and they seem to be working.
What I want to know is, are there any side effects in having the
above mentioned features in gsearchtool.?? Am I overlooking
Thanks and regards,
desktop-devel-list mailing list
desktop-devel-list gnome org
--- End Message ---
] [Thread Prev