Re: Glade 2.0 DTD patch for accessibility

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Bill Haneman wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> The glade-2.0 dtd from libglade HEAD includes initial support for
> accessibility properties.  I attach (inline) a patch that I believe
> will extend this to provide the level of accessibility support which
> we need for Gnome 2.0.
>
> Note that the <accessibility> element has <atkproperty> children
> rather than <property> children:  this is because some atk properties
> are themselves atkobjects, and thus can't easily be specified using
> #CDATA.  Also <atkaction> and <atkrelation> are subelements and not
> properties, since there may be multiple instances of <atkaction> and
> <atkrelation> associated with an <accessibility> element.
>
> If this patch is acceptable, I am willing to take responsibility for
> seeing that the necessary code is added to libglade to parse the
> <atkproperty> elements and call the appropriate ATK API.

As you have a much better idea of the requirements for this that I do,
feel free to make the changes.  It shouldn't break binary compatibility,
so the changes should be okay (the backend GladeInterface structures
aren't accessed by applications, so can be extended if needed).

The parsing code is in glade/glade-parser.c.  The routine to apply ATK
properties to widgets should probably go in glade/glade-xml.c (probably as
a function called by glade_xml_set_common_params, or maybe in the function
itself).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au