Re: inline docs

"Matthias Clasen" <matthiasc poet de> writes:

> Hi, since I can't conveniently compile CVS currently, I decided to take
> a look at the state of the API documentation and started with the Unicode
> related stuff in glib. The following patch is an attempt at improving the
> consistency of the inline docs, without changing the content.
> I'd like to continue looking at the inline docs, if there is interest in
> this
> kind of change. Some questions:
>
> 1) Ok to commit this ?

Yes.

> 2) Are you interested in more changes like this ?

Sure, though doing docs for less well documented areas of GTK+
might be even more appreciated ;-)

> 3) Should I also move things from templates to doc comments in the c files ?
> (I think the consensus is to
>     move away from templates and go with inline docs.)

In general, yes. But not for gobject for now.

(In general, I'm not sure I would make a project of moving stuff, but
if you are going to add docs for previously undocumented stuff into
the C file, then you should move the remaining functions from the
template files as well.)