Re: inline docs

"Matthias Clasen" <matthiasc poet de> writes:
> 1) Ok to commit this ?
> 2) Are you interested in more changes like this ?

I think these changes look good.

> 3) Should I also move things from templates to doc comments in the c files ?
> (I think the consensus is to
>     move away from templates and go with inline docs.)

Owen has requested that for each file, all docs for that file are
either in the template or inline. (Though this isn't totally true at
the moment.) But for everything except GObject, inline is preferred
and we would like to move that way.

> 4) Another thing where consistency could be improved is quoting in
> externalized messages.
>     I've seen `foo', 'foo' and "foo" (there may be more variants). What is
> the preferred quoting in
>     English text ?

I think "foo" is correct. The single quotes are inspired by /bin/sh,
not written English. ;-)

Havoc